Saturday, February 21, 2015

Villers-Pol

The day before my Sorbonne presentation (because of course I was well prepared and not writing the entire last part the day before...um...right), I went to Villers-Pol with Mélanie to celebrate her birthday and her sister's birthday with her family in the north! Mélanie is from a tiny town next to the Belgian border. The French impression of people from the north is generally that they are their "rednecks." There's even a popular movie about how dumb northerners are. But, I had a lovely day with Mélanie's family. Her sister's name is Nathalie, so it got a bit confusing at times. Lunch consisted of raclette (my favorite!) and a raspberry cake for dessert. And best of all, I got to see a part of France that no one ever sees! In fact, I was the first person from another continent that Mélanie's father has ever met! Here are some pictures of the north of France:

My champagne and fancy French cake

The old church in the town

Very, very old

A farm! 

The lake at sunset 


My French phone takes such good pictures, doesn't it? 


The Moulin (mill). So cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment